Managing Urbanization for Health:
A Priority for All Nations - ICUH 2018
ICUH 2018: The only global conference focused on advancing the health of people living in cities worldwide.
Cities are the main drivers of national development and present opportunities to transform a nation's health and wellbeing, so cities must be at the forefront of tackling the global sustainable development agenda.
Topics include coverage of the following:
- The Governance of Complex Systems
- Culture and Inclusivity
- Disasters, Epidemics and the Unexpected
- Cities as Economic Engines
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Urban Health Indicators
- Safety, Security and Justice
- Spiritual Health in the City
Who should attend ICUH 2018?
Academic experts, policymakers and practitioners in:
- Public Health
- Population Health
- Determinants of Health and NCD Prevention
- Urban Planning
- Economic Development
- Built and Natural Environments
- Food Systems
- Health Care Delivery
- Care Models in Clinical Medicine, including reproductive, women’s, infant and child health, mental health, infectious disease and NCDs
Reasons to attend ICUH 2018:
- Identify challenges and strategies to informing implementation of the SDGs and The New Urban Agenda
- Meet experts from across sectors and disciplines to address the broader determinants of health
- Expand your research and practice networks with colleagues from the global North and South
- Share urban health challenges and solutions with policymakers and practitioners from high, middle and low income settings
- Contribute to the evidence base for urban health policies and practice
IMPORTANT - We have been made aware of another organization advertising a 20th International Conference on Urban Health in Vienna. This is NOT our conference and we want to be sure all those interested in attending do not mistakenly think they are signing up for our conference.
Join us in Xiamen, China | 4-8 November, 2019
Visit Conference WebsiteICUH 2019